UIIC Assistant 2017 Prelims Questions Memory Based : In this post we are sharing some of the questions asked in UIIC Assistant Prelims Exam 2017 held in all four shifts on 22nd September 2017 . The exam is of Easy to Moderate level.
The article contains the questions from the topics like Number Series, Puzzle, and Reading Comprehension/Passage asked in UIIC Exam 2017.
Number Series asked in 1st Shift :
1, 2.1, 3.7, 5.9, 8.8, ?
250, 269, 231, 288, ?, 307
109, 107, 112, 102, 119, ?
16, 8, 8, 12, 24, ?
2, 3, 7, 22, ?, 446
Number Series asked in 2nd Shift :
1 ) 2, 5.8, 9.1, 11.8, 13.8, ?
2 ) 8, 7, 13, 38, ?, 754
3 ) 8, 4, 4, 8, 32, ?
4 ) 600, 583, 549, 481, ?
5 ) 5, 5, 8, 16, 31, ?
Number Series asked in 3rd Shift
1) 189, 191, 182, 210, 145, ?
2) 1, 2, 6 ,21, ?
3) 8, 11, 19, 33, 54, ?
4) 205, 90, 182, 113, ?, 136
5) 9, 5, 6, 10.5 ,23, ?
Floor Puzzle asked in UIIC Assistant :
Q. Eight persons P, Q, R, S, T, U, V and W lives in eight storey building but not necessarily in the same order. Lower most floor is numbered as one and the above floor is numbered as two and so on.
T lives in sixth floor and there is one person lives between T and Q. R lives in even numbered floor immediately above W but does not live in second floor. The number of persons live below W is same as the persons live above P. Three persons live between U and S but U lives above S.
Q. Eight people A, B, C, F, G, H, M,O live in eight floor building. Lower most floor called one and above called two and so on and last called eight. M live on even number floor but not on floor 4. H is immediately above M. There are two persons sit between M and C. There are only one person between C and O. O does not live in first floor. A live immediately above B. More than one person are love between A and F.
Circular Arrangement asked in UIIC Assistant :
Q. Eight persons A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H are sitting in circular table facing the center. Two persons are sitting between B and D. E sits second to the right of D. Three persons sit between D and H. A sits immediate right of E. One person sits between F and G. One person sits between A and F.
Q. Eight person J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q sitting around circular facing a centre. M is third right of P. There is only one person between M and J ( either left or right). There are three person seated between K and Q. L is second to the left of O. L is neither a immediate neighbor of M nor K. O is not a neighbor of Q.
Q. H is the grandfather of J. J is the son of P. K is father of P. D is the only daughter of K. R is the daughter of D.
Q. C is son of A. A is mother in law of D, who is son of E. E is grandfather of L.
Q. How many letters are there in the word “Delusion” as it have in English alphabetical order both in forward and backward direction?
Word Problems asked in UIIC Assistant Prelims Exam :
1. The ratio of time taken to complete a piece of work by A and B is 3:5. Together they take 7.5 days to complete the work. Calculate the time taken by A alone to complete the work.
2. A and B invested some amount in a business. After 4 months, C joined them. The difference between the profits of A and C were given. B’s profit had to be calculated.
3. The difference between the marked price and cost price of a certain product is Rs. 60/-. The profit obtained from the sale of that item is Rs. 360/-. If a discount of 20% was given, calculate the Cost price of that item.
4. The perimeter of 2 squares are 64 & 32 metres respectively. Find the perimeter of the third square, whose area is equal to the difference between the areas of first 2 squares?
5. The price of 8 plates and 3 bottles is Rs. 525/-. If the price of 1plate is equal to 1.5 times the price o 1 bottle, then find the price of 2 plates and 2 bottles?
6. A boat can row downstream for 13.2 km in 36mins. If the speed of the boat in still water is 20 kmph, then how what distance will the boat travel upstream in 32 minutes?
7. Sum of the Numbers is 12. If the Second Number is reversed, then the number is less than X by 18. Find the numbers?
8. Cost price of article is 750, discount 20% , sum of marked price of article & selling price=1800, find the % marked from cost price.
9. Tens and ones digit of a two digit number is in ratio 4:1. Average of both the digit is 5. Find the number.
Passage asked in 2nd Slot :
A porcupine came and asked a dog for food. The dog said he had no food but showed him a field of sugarcane belonging to a judge.
“Eat as much as you want,” said the dog, “but leave the roots intact so that the plants will grow again.” The porcupine found the sugarcane sweet and juicy. He began to visit the field every day. In the beginning he ate only the stems, as directed by the dog, but after a few days he began to eat the roots too. One day the judge saw the destruction in his field and was very angry.
He called the dog and accused him of destroying his crop. The dog said it was the porcupine that was to blame. The porcupine said he was innocent and suggested that the matter be settled in court. The judge agreed.
The porcupine waited till winter set in. Then one chilly morning he went to the dog’s house and told him the judge had summoned them.
When they entered the judge’s chamber the dog began to shiver with the cold.
“See how he trembles, Your Honor,” said the porcupine. “Isn’t that a sure sign of guilt?”
“What do you have to say for yourself?” asked the judge, looking sternly at the dog.
But the dog’s teeth were chattering with the cold and he could not speak. Thinking that his silence was an admission of guilt, the judge pronounced him guilty and kicked him out of the house.
LIKED THIS UPDATE ? PLEASE RATE US HERE 🙂