Hello Aspirants, In this article we are providing you some tips and guidance about How to Prepare for the Bank PO exams and also for any other post like specialist officer, Clerk etc.
The lack of job satisfaction and Job security in private companies turns the mind of Indian youth towards the Government sector. And today a huge number of students and freshers that had already completed his/her graduation are now trying to get the governments jobs specially in Public sector bank. But they don’t know how to start the preparation and which is best strategy to tackle all the bank exams and get the job in minimum amount of time.
So in this post we are providing you the practical tips and clear all the doubts about banking jobs that are beneficial both for new applicants and those who wants to crack the banking exams. so that you can make your career bright in banking sector.
Types of Bank Jobs :
After discussing with many Bank officers and training institutes following are the extracts that helps you to gain idea about types of jobs in Indian Banking sector.
Same as other government sectors, in banking also there are many positions and posts on which each person is specialized in their respective field which also requires different job profile. Their eligibility criteria like age limit,working conditions and salary are also different.
For freshers or candidates with no working experience can prepare for 3 kind of bank exams jobs :
- Single window operator (SWO) or Clerk
- Probationary officer or PO or JMGS-I ( Junior Manager Grade Scale-I )
- Specialist Officer ( requires degree in CS, IT, EC )
Who conducts Bank exams in India :
In India, the organisation called IBPS ( Institute of Banking Personnel) is conducted 90% of the bank examination. Earlier the examination was conducted in pen,paper mode (offline) but now the examination is conducting in online mode for all the Public Sector Banks in the different recruitment process for PO, Clerk and Specialist officer.
Exam Pattern – The Exam conducted by IBPS for Bank PO and Clerk having the provision of Prelims and Mains examination. Candidates who will clear the prelims will be shortlisted for mains examination.
The question paper of Prelims Examination consist of 3 sections – Reasoning, Quantitative aptitude and English. For Mains Examination the subjects that are asked in 5 sections- General Awareness, Computer Knowledge, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, English language.
Only Single Examination ( NO PRELIMS ) is conducted for the recruitment of the Specialist officer.
Note : No Interview for Clerical Cadre Post. Candidate will be selected on the basis of Marks in written examination.
Strategy and Tips on how to Prepare :
- Due to very high competition in banking exams you have to practice more and more question in very limited amount of time.
- Try to understand the bank exam pattern and focus hard on your weak subjects.
- Learn the shortcut methods to solve the questions in less time. Also clear your basics in all the subjects because if your basics are not strong then you will stuck in the questions
- Give the mock test on regular basis and analyze your weak points. keep your question solving speed as fast as possible so that you can attempt more questions with accuracy.
- Check our website daily to view the Upcoming bank exams jobs and increase your knowledge and information about the specific bank institution that you are applying for.
- Check the previous paper and Exam analysis to keep updated yourself about the exam questions that are asked in various bank examination.
Self Study : Candidates who are working in private company and wants to prepare for bank exams then you have to make a proper schedule for self studies so that you can prepare more in less amount of time. Many books of different authors are available in market from which you can clear your basics of all the subjects.
Interview / Group Discussion Tips :
The final stage of any examination recruitment is the Interview phase. If you are Shortlisted in Written examination then Personal Interview will be deciding factor of your whole preparation. [ The phase of Group Discussion is not present in all bank exams – only in SBI PO]
For Interview preparation you have to focus mainly on Banking awareness and banking terminologies. Other than that you have to learn Current affairs from 5-6 months, important government schemes and latest events. Also Newspaper reading helps you to understand the topics that are related to banking,business, politics.
All the Best.. !!